Thursday, April 29, 2010

Update on the New House

It looks like the move-in date might be changed to June 11th.  The sellers are not thrilled about the idea of changing the closing date overall, and have flat-out refused the idea of leasing it to us for the month beforehand.  All of this because of that stupid 6500 dollars.  Boo.

I keep looking for the silver lining, and how all of this is in God's plan for my good.  At this point, I don't really have any solutions to that query, I'm just trusting that there is a blessing in all of this, despite my frustration.  And, I'm also choosing to tell myself that it could be worse. I could be not getting a new house at all. I could be getting a busted-up house that I had to spend thousands remodeling. But I'm not.  The house we are getting is used but in good condition, so I will have the blessing of being able the slowly work on it as we have the funds instead of having to basically rebuild it from the ground up before we can move in.  So, at least I have a lot to be thankful for.  And, as I learned on another lady's blog, I can also be thankful for the problem, and the character that it builds in me for things to not always go exactly as I would like for them to.

No comments: