Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Dentist

I have an appointment for The Dentist today.  Somehow, I managed to chip one of my wisdom teeth.  None of them have even finished growing in, seeing as how they are impacted and all.  And yet, I managed to chip one of them.  The rough edge in the back is tearing the inside of mouth up to holy heck, and my entire jaw hurts.  I don't know how I did it.  I don't know when I did it.  All I know is that the night before last it felt like something was stuck in my teeth back there after eating a bean burrito, and when I felt around back there I practically cut my finger on the rough edge of the tooth.  And it hurt when I touched it.

So I have a dentist appointment for this afternoon to get it checked out and taken care of.  When I called to schedule the appointment yesterday morning, apparently the girl that answered the phone was not familiar with me.  So, this morning, we got an urgent call from the highest-up of the office secretaries, who told us that my dentist said that if she was going to have to do any kind of "work" on my teeth (apparently more serious than a routine cleaning...) that she would have to have me take a Halidol beforehand.  So hooray, I get to get buzzed this afternoon. 

Which brings me to my next point, which is that we have only one car.  David was planning on just dropping me off before the appointment, then letting me call him when they were finished with me.  While waiting to be picked up, I was going to window-shop and just generally wander around.  I still don't think that's too bad of a plan, but I have my doubts as to whether or not it would be wise to unleash  me onto the general public while still under the effects of my sweet sweet medication.  Who knows, we might come home with another puppy.

1 comment:

Elisabeth Ellsworth said...

hahahaha! Somehow I don't think David would be happy with another puppy. lol!