Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Backing Down

I can't take it anymore.  I am officially stopping the vegan diet.  I have been having such amazingly persistent cravings for meat the last two weeks!  It's almost all I think about nowadays. I've had dreams about steak.  I had given myself permission to quit at any time, and have been taking short breaks from it whenever I felt like it, but it's gotten to the point now that I take a "break" almost every day.  So, I think the new classification is just "eating healthy".  I'm still probably going to limit my cheese and milk products intake, but I need meat.  I didn't really feel this way until I started taking the Metformin, so it could be that my hormones are adjusting themselves, and I just have more of a biological need for protein than I did before.  Regardless, cows and chickens watch out!

Although, I will have to say that the vegan diet was good to me- I lost about 25-30 pounds in 6 weeks.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

If a cow come a wanderin' into my front yard, it be time for a hearty helpin' of hamburger helper.
Really, I just wanted to make an allusion to John Pinette.