Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Gas Stove

Today I am using my gas stove for the first time.  Wonderful David got the fire on it started for me, and relieved me of the stress-inducing job of playing with the combination of fire and natural gas.  Needless to say, I am a bit of a baby, and he is good to me.

*******************************
Okay, just finished my virgin run on the new stove.  I have never cooked spaghetti this quick before in my life. Fabulous!

This is my third day without meat.  Last night, though was a little rough.  We went to a buffet for my dad's birthday- his 75th, as a matter of fact.  I stayed away from all the meat, but I did splurge a little with a couple dishes with cheese or butter in them.  Overall I consider it a success though.  Today I have done very well- lunch was a large salad with spinach, tomatoes, guacamole, and italian salad dressing, with an orange and banana as a side dish.  Dinner tonight is spaghetti with mushroom sauce, salad, and fruit.  I haven't decided to give up my sodas yet- they are my comfort food through all this change.  And I still maintain that I will only do this as long as I want to, and I have permission to stop at any time. And I feel great about all of it! :)

No comments: