Monday, June 21, 2010

Moved In

Ahhh, finally back on the computer for the first time in a long while!  All of our stuff is officially inside our new house.  We are no longer moving things from house to house, but are now working on moving things out of boxes into their new spots inside our new house.

I have accomplished so much in the last week!  And, I have had so so so so much help to do so! I have had more people inside my new house in the last two weeks than I had in the old house in the entire time we lived there.  I have been feeling so blessed and grateful for the last few days.  We completed painting four whole rooms in the space of 3 days!!! About a dozen people from our church, plus my family, and my sister-in-law on David's side of the family all helped with the painting and cleaning.  I didn't quite finish shampooing the carpet before time to move in, but the carpet I did finish looks fantastic.  This past weekend it took us four hours to get all the stuff from the old house and all the stuff from storage piled neatly into the new house.  I was amazed.  And so, so grateful and appreciative! 

So, now I am slowly and gradually getting things put away and in order.  I feel a tad bit overwhelmed with organizing my stuff into my kitchen cabinets.  I am going from 5 cabinets total for putting things away to about 25.  I have plenty of storage space now. 

Another change I am grateful for is being able to do laundry inside the house!!!! I feel so blessed and lucky to be able to do laundry in air conditioning without having to dress for the out-of-doors.  I no longer have to worry about my underwear being on display to the public if the wind happens to catch them and waft them across the neighborhood.  And, my new garage can be used for storing the car now that there aren't a bunch of large appliances taking up all the space!

The best part about all of this is that I can now have friends over to my house, and we actually have enough space to entertain!  Our old house was sort of close quarters for having more than 2 people over to visit.  Now, we can have lots of people over and everyone can be comfortable! Hooray!

No comments: