Thursday, January 07, 2010

An Open Letter to my Lovely Sister

Dear Carrie,

I've been thinking about you a lot lately.  It is probably because of the time of year- your birthday was last week.  I wanted to take a minute to tell you exactly what I think of you.

You are Wonderful.

That's right.  You heard me. With a capital W, too. Be complimented-- I dare you.

There are many reasons why I love you- among them are that you are smart, kind, gracious, and sweet.  But most of all I love your heart.  I love the fact that you are one of the most accepting and least critical people I have ever known.  I love your heart, and that you celebrate with people.  I love that I can talk to you about things and you get me.

I love that I got to grow up with you leading the way.  I have admired and looked up to you since I was a couple weeks old (yeah, you know the pictures, where my little eyes were bugging out of my head with you peering down at me-- how come you got to be a cute infant, and I resembled an insect???).

I appreciate your creative spirit and desire to be a Godly woman. I think you are brilliant and original- you inspire me to think outside the box.  I feel so blessed to be your little sister, and I am a better person for the time we have spent together.  I look forward to future times together, and to being mommies together one day  :)

Thank you for sticking with me through thick and thin (literally, ha). And thank you for being you.


1 comment:

Carrie said...

Thank you Spixter! Lurvs! ^.^