Monday, January 11, 2010

Good Stuff

This week has gone super so far!

Last night, on the spur of the moment, I decided to try making Chex mix for the first time ever in my whole entire life.  I looked up the recipe on good ol' google, gathered up husband, and headed to the store.  While we were there, grabbing our required cereal ingredients, we noticed a too-delicious-to-pass-up recipe on the back of the corn chex, and decided to make that too.

An hour later, we were at home enjoying about 10 pounds of various chex cereal concoctions, revelling in the tastiness.  I could seriously get addicted to the Muddy Buddies, although a lot of the time I can't remember the name of it, and called it Monkey Munch instead (it looks similar to the recipe that Kate Gosselin made for her kids on "Jon and Kate Plus Eight", hmmm perhaps she just ripped off the recipe from their website and added some pretzels or marshmallows or whatever to make it her own....).



On the original Chex mix, I decided to add some Goldfish, roasted and salted sunflower seeds, and extra cashews and almonds. Plus I made it with a whole stick of butter instead of 6 tablespoons.  It was super super yummy.


Plus, other good things have been afoot in our cozy little household.  Aaron and Amie, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law (David's brother and his wife), came up to visit for David's birthday this past Friday and Saturday.  Let me just say that I am totally in love with them. D and I have been married for four years and three months, but it wasn't until this past Christmas that we had the chance to connect on a deeper level with his side of the famly (everyone lives pretty far apart).  This year, we had an early Christmas, and the more relaxed atmosphere gave more opportunities to truly enjoy each other's company, and get in some good girl-talk.  Also, being older and wiser and more accepting of my own flaws helped give me confidence to give someone else a chance to get to know me a little better.  It's not very often that you find someone that you can connect with at the heart level, and I'm lucky to have someone like that for a sister-in-law.

Another good thing about their visit is that it gave us the motivation to get even more done on our house in the department of decorating and organizing.  I even got a new shower curtain out of the deal!  :)







No comments: